Valentine's Day is almost upon us, how time is flying! I had wanted to share a makeup look for Valentine's Day (after doing a Valentine's Day nail look, which you can check out here) but I've been rather pressed for time as I'm leaving for Melbourne on Friday and have last minute errands to run. In addition, my camera has chucked a hissy fit and refuses to take decent photos...I've tried all sorts of lighting and it never quite works out, so I've decided to postpone doing more eye close ups until I'm back in Melbourne!
Anyway, I know that Valentine's Day falls on a Thursday this week, and chances are that most of us would be at work/school/university...and hence, I thought a simple, romantic look would be welcome.
Here are the products I used in this look.
- Youngblood mineral powder foundation in Toffee, buffed in with a kabuki brush.
- Inglot bronzer in M41 to contour, applied with a bronzing brush.
- I applied a soft wash of pink shadow all over the mobile lid, up to the crease line.
- I then shaded the crease with some deep brown shadow. and blended it out with a fluffy brush.
- I used the same brown shadow in Step 2 to fill in my brows, using an angled brush.
- Used Majorca Majolica liquid eyeliner, which is a shimmery, red-brown (which appears more brown-black).
- Finished with Maybelline The Falsies waterproof mascara after curling my lashes with a curler.
- I applied a layer of Maybelline Babylips lip balm to condition them, then blotted them to remove excess product.
- I then applied Nyx cream blush stick in Tea Rose as a lip color.
Nyx cream blush stick in Tea Rose, blended out with my fingertips.
That's my simple, soft romantic look for Valentine's Day! As some of you know, I often participate in a weekly makeup tag over at Aqeela's blog, but I took a bit of a hiatus while I was recovering. I'm quite thrilled to have participated this week so be sure to check out the other gorgeous looks by clicking here.
What will you be doing for Valentine's Day, lovelies? Any special plans? I won't be up to much as I'll be packing for my trip back to Melbourne on Friday!
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!