I hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday! I've been having rather a lazy one and it's lovely as it's been ages since I did this last!
I was tagged specifically by Abigail from Shrinking Wallet to do this post on my makeup history. I find that if I don't get to tags straight away, I often forget to do them, so here goes!
Answer the following questions and take a picture (or two) that relates to your answers.
1. How long have you been wearing makeup?
I'd say for the past 13 years or so, but I only used lipstick and eyeliner in the first three years or so.
2. What was your favourite makeup product in the beginning?
Hmm, either eyeliner or lipstick, I'd be hard pressed to choose one as my favourite!
3. What is your favourite makeup product now?
I love all makeup equally, but if I was forced to pick a favourite, I'd say eyeshadow! The variety of looks you can create is endless!
4. What were some of your favourite brands in the beginning?
I loved Revlon, OPI, Maybelline, Bonne Bell, Red Earth, Lord and Berry, Bobbi Brown, MAC and the Body Shop products. There was also this funky nail polish brand I used to LOVE but I can't recall what it was, and it went defunct about 10 years ago. :( They did have some really awesome stuff though.
5. What are some of your favourite brands now?
I like mixing and matching brands and trying new products. I still love Bobbi Brown, Revlon and Maybelline but I have also been experimenting with drugstore international brands like Beauty UK, Sleek, Essence and MUA. I also love Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown, Dior and Chanel from the high end range. I really want to get my hands on some NARS and Illamasqua stuff too.
6. How would you describe your makeup 'style'?
I'd say 'game', as in game to try anything! I often wear neutral/natural makeup, but I also love experimenting with makeup and often wear bright colours. I do prefer to keep it classy though.
7. What is your everyday makeup like?
Mineral powder foundation buffed into my face, a dash of bronzer and blush to contour, eyeliner and waterproof mascara, and lipstick. If I have more time to spare, then I'll do an interesting eye look, if I'm pressed for time, I'll just wear a nude wash of colour over my lids.
8. What is your 'going out' makeup like?
Depending on where I'm going or what I'm doing, I'll probably wear some striking eyemakeup, or wear a neutral eye/liner/mascara with a bright/red lipstick. I also love a good smokey eye.
I'm not sure, I change things around a lot. But I always have eyeliner on. :P
10. What is the worst beauty crime you have committed?
I confess to not washing my brushes as often as I should. I spot clean between every use but it's not quite as good as a full wash.
11. What is the worst beauty crime you are proud to have not committed?
I'd have to agree with Abigail on this -> Sleeping with makeup on.
12. What is a trend you were part of but now aren't a fan of?
Can't think of anything that might fit this profile.
13. What is one trend you are proud to say you were never part of?
I'm not really a fan of neon, fluorescent nails, but more because they don't suit me.
14. What is one look you will never ever go for?
I'd have to say trashtastic (like the Shire girls, sorry to say), or Goth. It's just not my style, but some carry it off beautifully.
15. If you were brave enough to wear any look, what would you go for?
Vibrant purple or pink lipstick!
|(From Google Images)|
16. An old HG product of yours?
Love my Smashbox camera ready full coverage concealer. I've been buying this for years.
17. A current HG product of yours?
I really like the Poshe topcoat, I only discovered it a few months ago and I can't go without it now! My manicures dry in seconds, which makes nail art so much easier to do now.
I tag specifically:
Amy from Beauty in a Bottle
Ingrid from In Glossy Beauty
Keri from The Ugly Moments
What do you think some of your answers to this might be?