Have you heard of CasualCurl*? CasualCurl* is a long roller that creates lovely, loose waves/curls rather effortlessly! It's made from rather high tech stuff, comprising aerospace technology high temperature resistance material, which means that it won't over-heat or damage your hair, as it works by heating from the inside, not the outside. It's also endorsed by multi-award winning and Australian hairdresser of the year, Brad Ngata.
|CasualCurl in Orange|
1) Prepare your hair with a setting lotion or spray and blow dry your hair until its dry.
2) Take the CasualCurl* and wrap a section of hair around it. Apply more setting spray to provide more hold.
3) Attach the nozzle of your blow dryer to CasualCurl* (as shown in the photo below), and heat it for about 30 seconds, before turning your blow dryer off.
4) Let the roller cool down for another 30 seconds, and gently unwind the roller to release a perfect, casual curl. You can also spray with hairspray to keep the curl in place.
5) Repeat the process to finish the rest of your hair.
You can also check out the How-To section on the CasualCurl* website for more information!
It's actually really fun using this roller to create looks, as it gives your hair plenty of voluminous body, much like Kate Middleton is known for, and, dare I say it, the Victoria Secret Bombshell look. I'm pretty handy with using a straightener or curler to curl my hair, but I do find that the waves/curls you get from the CasualCurl* have a different look; it's more relaxed and looks less 'styled', much like stepping out of the salon after a blow wave!
There are only two downsides that I can think of. It's best to own at least two rollers because you can work with one while you give the other roller time to cool down and set properly, as it can be a little time consuming to only own one (it took me 30 minutes to do my whole head but I have a lot of hair and it's quite long). I've decided to purchase an additional one so I can finish styling my hair much quicker! The second thing is that the curls you get don't last very long, so it tends to drop into waves by the next day. It's really great for giving your hair that relaxed, beachy look though!
CasualCurl* retails for $39.95 each, and is available in 9 different colours (phlox pink, orange, purple, lilac, apple green, patina green, royal purple, violet tulip and sharp green). I'm eyeing phlox pink and lilac, myself. You can purchase CasualCurl* directly from the website, which currently has a promotion on where you get 50% off the second roller if you purchase 2 rollers or more! Apply code CCSEPT at checkout to redeem, lovelies (offer valid from 11-19 September 2014)!
What do you think of this, lovelies? Does it appeal?
Note: This product was kindly provided for my consideration. This has not affected my opinion in any way. For more information, please refer to my Disclosure Policy.