Another weekend relegated to the dust, how quickly is this year flying by? I can't believe we're in October already!
I have a review of the Minerallustre white gel eyeliner to share with you today. I previously did a review of the Minerallustre eye primer here, and the two work very well together.
|Minerallustre white gel liner.|
(Sorry for the photo, I couldn't find the photo I had taken
from before I dipped my brush in!)
|This product is manufactured in the US.|
Now, this is the perfect product to apply to the lower waterline to fake a more awake look. I applied it using my Inglot eyeliner brush, and it lasted the whole day without bleeding or smudging. You can also choose to apply a thin line to your upper lashline and then draw a very thin line of black liquid liner at the base of your lashes for a more dramatic look.
|Wearing the gel liner on the upper lashline.|
There are several other ways to get the most use out of this product. You can use it as an eyeshadow base by sheering out a tiny bit all over your eyelid, and pressing some shadow on top. It will not only make your shadows more vibrant but it should give you a little more longevity as well. The photo below demonstrates how shadows look more vibrant when applied over the gel liner as a base.
|L-R: shadow alone, gel liner, and shadow over gel liner.|
You can also apply a line to your upper lash line and go over it with a coloured liner. This will make the liner pop more and also give it a base to cling to and prevent it from feathering or smudging.
- Made from mineral ingredients so the ingredients list is quite straightforward, and much better for your skin.
- Blends beautifully and stays put once it has set.
- Lasts quite well on the lower waterline and also on the upper lashline.
- You should be able to get quite a lot of use out of it with the shelf life of 2 years, and with 2.6 g of product in each little jar.
- You can use it as an eyeshadow base as detailed above.
- As its white, you will need to make sure your eyeliner brush is always really clean, or it can muddy the colour of the liner.
- You will need a defined eyeliner brush for this.
Edit (12/10/12): The gel liners are currently on sale for $19, so do check them out if you'd like to buy some!
Note: This product was kindly provided for my consideration. This has not affected my opinion in any way. For more information, please refer to my Disclosure Policy.